Monday, October 29, 2012

halloweenish marble

so, cleanup on this was a bitch.  i ran out of tape, but still decided to just go for it, so excuse around my cuticles.  they got flooded when i did the actual marble.

i used orly 'decades of dysfunction' as my base, then marbled with cult nails 'nevermore' and 'deal with it' along with china glaze 'roguish red', which is definitely an orange and not so red.


left hand:







right hand:






oh 'deal with it'...i love how you shimmer.















4 comments:

  1. You got some nice patterns! I haven't tried it myself yet, but Miss80Million uses cuticle oil instead of tape to mask her skin from the polish while dipping. It does seem to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i tried some solar oil for the few fingers i had left to go and it was too messy for me. i've heard of other people also using vaseline...i'll just stick to tape :)

      i wish the swirls would have turned out more symmetrical, but the water was a bit too cool and i was trying to work fast lol, thank you so much for the post!

      Delete
    2. I love the learning curve I'm having with nail art! There's so much to figure out plus new ideas & info abound. Thanks, Dawn!

      Delete
  2. This is just outstanding!! I love the colors you choose! Good job my friend!

    ReplyDelete